"A summoner that uses their mana power to manifest monsters and traps from another world. Their powers require a keen mind and quick wit—to excel, they must adapt and adopt new strategies on the fly, drawing new cards every turn to summon beasts or set up traps for devious counterattacks."
- — Website Description
"A new-age summoner armed with a deck of cards", Duelist is one of the eight classes of 7th Dragon III Code: VFD and based on the present timeline.
Being the initial class with access to elemental damage, Duelists are a quirky version of Mages. They have a wide variety of attacks to use, but all of these attacks are heavily restricted by the cards the Duelist has on hand. The Duelist begins the battle with two random cards, drawing a new one every turn. Their maximum hand size is six, and whenever they draw a new card while their hand is full, the leftmost one is discarded. The Duelist never runs out of cards to draw. Careful management of cards as the pace of the battle changes can pave the way to victory with the Duelist.
For starters, work on investing in Draw Bonus to increase your possibility of options available. The Search skills are also ideal when you need to set up for a particular elemental skill. Supply Draw offers a great quantity of cards but is less consistent than the Search skills, but if you are investing in the Duelist's traps which all require a mixture of elements, it can prove advantageous. Judgment may be attractive, but since it requires all three traps to set up and consumes all the traps once it triggers, it is not worth the effort, especially when you consider other party members being able to match Judgment's damage output in a similar time frame.
The Field attacks prove to be very useful within teams focused around a particular element. Invest according to what is most available so that the team can exploit the resistance penalty to its fullest.
In inactive parties, the Duelist has one of the most valued support skills - it cleanses all ailments from the active party. In return, however, the Duelist takes longer to charge their support bar than most other classes, taking 3 turns to do so. It is recommended to save an inactive Duelist's support bar for this express purpose, as it can make the difference between victory or defeat in a boss fight.
- LIFE Bonus: Bonus to max LF.
- MANA Bonus: Bonus to max MN.
- Draw Bonus: Dictates the Duelist's opening hand size.
- X Burn: Sets a buff for 3 turns that deals fire damage to all enemies based on fire cards used this battle.
- Summon: Fire I: Fire damage to one target, may cause burn. Uses 1 fire card.
- Summon: Ice I: Ice damage to one target, may cause freeze. Uses 1 ice card.
- Summon: Ltg I: Elec damage to one target, may cause paralysis. Uses 1 elec card.
- Trap: Pitfall: Sets a trap for 4 turns that triggers when the Duelist is attacked, causing damage and may inflict Null Action. Uses 1 fire and ice card.
- Trap: Barbed Wire: Sets a trap for 4 turns that triggers when the Duelist takes physical damage, causing damage and may inflict Bleed. Uses 1 ice and elec card.
- Trap: Fire Whirl: Sets a trap for 4 turns that triggers when the Duelist takes magic damage, causing damage and may inflict Blind. Uses 1 fire and elec card.
- Field: Volcano: Fire damage to all enemies and reduces their fire resistance for 5 turns. Uses 2 fire cards.
- Field: Glacier: Ice damage to all enemies and reduces their ice resistance for 5 turns. Uses 2 ice cards.
- Field: Storm Cloud: Elec damage to all enemies and reduces their elec resistance for 5 turns. Uses 2 elec cards.
- Supply Draw: Draws additional random cards.
- Search: Fire: Adds a fire card to hand.
- Search: Ice: Adds an ice card to hand.
- Search: Lightning: Adds an elec card to hand.
- MANA Gain: Sets a buff for 3 turns that restores party MN based on ice cards used this battle.
- Summon: Fire II: Medium fire damage to one target, may cause burn. Uses 2 fire cards.
- Summon: Ice II: Medium ice damage to one target, may cause freeze. Uses 2 ice cards.
- Summon: Ltg II: Medium elec damage to one target, may cause paralysis. Uses 2 elec cards.
- Lucky Roll: At the start of the battle, may bestow a random beneficial effect to the party.
- Judgment: When all three traps are set up, consumes them for immense damage to all enemies.
- Destiny React: For 4 turns, if the Duelist deals damage that is an odd number, they may get an extra turn.
- Summon: Fire II: Heavy fire damage to one target, may cause burn. Uses 3 fire cards.
- Summon: Ice II: Heavy ice damage to one target, may cause freeze. Uses 3 ice cards.
- Summon: Ltg II: Heavy elec damage to one target, may cause paralysis. Uses 3 elec cards.
- My Turn!: May extend the duration of allied buffs.
- Summon Titan: EX Skill - Massive damage to all targets.
- Female Duelist A1 is a playable character in the 7th Dragon III demo.
- She is under the name of Arika