"A swordsman that uses a small knife as a medium to conjure and wield ethereal, arcane blades. They can protect not just themselves, but their allies as well, using skills to restore the party’s health or shore up everyone’s magical defenses. Boasting the highest defense of all classes, they are any party’s stalwart guardian."
- — Website Description
"A magical knight cloaked in mystic aura", Rune-Knight is one of the eight classes of 7th Dragon III Code: VFD, based on the past timeline and available from Chapter 2 after reaching Lower Ward Cladeon.
Rune-Knights are mighty front line magical warriors with an incredible amount of LIFE and overall good defenses. They're very strong when it comes to deal magic damage meaning this class can easily replace any magic/elemental damage dealer like Duelists, Fortuners or Mages. A Rune-Knight character can play multiple roles: with Provoke skill it can attract enemy blows to protect the party acting as a tank, it can deal Ice, Lightning or pure Mana magic damage and has a nice set of party support skills too. If you think this isn't enough, know that its main magic damage skills can drain LF and MN from enemies while hurting them. Rune-Knight hardly has any weaknesses and, to be honest, it's a really overpowered class to use.
- Ice Sword: Medium ice damage/Freeze: one. Mana cost: 3
- Lightning Sword: Medium lightning damage/Paralyze: one. Mana cost: 6
- Drain Sword: High magic damage/LF absorb: one. Mana cost: 10
- Aspir Sword: Medium magic damage/MN absorb: one. Mana cost: 0
- Brave Sword: LF 50% ↓. Magic damage based on LF taken. Mana cost: 13
- Ice Enchant: Add ice damage to all ally attacks. Instant. Mana cost: 5
- Lightning Enchant: Add lightning damage to all ally attacks. Instant. Mana cost: 5
- Provoke: Enmity ↑. Instant. Mana cost: 3
- Vengeful Sword: Attack/Bleed: one. Low LF = high damage. Mana cost: 10
- Knight's Wrath: Magic damage based on number of fallen allies. Mana cost: 1
- Berserk: Random frenzy attack: all. MAT/SPD ↑. 3 turns. Mana cost: 18
- Knight's Grace: Restore LF: all allies. Mana cost: 4
- Knight's Gaze: Cure Sleep, Burn, Freeze, Paralysis: all. Mana cost: 4
- Aura Shield: MDF ↑: all allies. 3 turns. Instant. Mana cost: 2
- Life Oath: Own max LF ↑. 3 turns. Mana cost: 3
- Substitute: DEF/MDF ↑. Block single-target attacks. Instant. Mana cost: 2
- Clench: Survive one fatal blow. Mana cost: 5
- Knight's Pride: Auto. Counter upon death. Mana cost: 0
- Vital Protection: Auto. MDF ↑: all allies. 3 turns. Mana cost: 0
- Toughness React: Chance of +1 turn if LF is <5%. 4 turns. Mana cost: 0
- Odin's Rage: EX Skill. Massive damage/Freeze/LF absorb: one. Mana cost: 45
- Rune-Knight is a remade version of 7th Dragon first game's Knight class.
- Female Rune-Knight A1 is a playable character in the 7th Dragon III demo.
- She is under the name of Urye